Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract, Casual, Freelance
Join the Jack Nathan Functional Health® team in Vaughan, Ontario, part of Canada’s expansive health care network. As a dedicated Chiropodist at our Vaughan clinic, situated conveniently inside a local Walmart®, you’ll provide top-tier care for foot disorders, playing a key role in our mission to enhance patient access to quality health services.
We seek a self-motivated, organized, and compassionate professional to join our growing team, offering a long-term partnership with significant growth opportunities in the Vaughan community.
- Completes patient assessments, recommending and implementing treatment plans while providing exceptional patient care and therapeutic intervention based on assessments, data, etc.
- Confers with clients about their medical histories and determines what treatments would be helpful, can fine-tune treatment plans to achieve best results for their patients
- Analyze patients care for disorders associated with, but not limited to, disease, infections, injury, routine or diabetic care.
- Diagnose, treat, and recommend options to relieve patient pain and discomfort.
- Has up-to-date knowledge on wound management and care.
- Assess patients for custom orthotics.
- Advise patients on health and lifestyle benefits to aid in their treatment to regain active daily living.
- Consults with other allied health care professionals within the clinic to develop treatment plans for clients.
- Develops strong relationships with patients by understanding needs; successfully impacts patient loyalty and follow-up appointments.
- Is proactive at building a successful Chiropodist business within the clinic where patients are both acquired and retained.
- Maintains treatment, patient records, charts and EMR’s
- Refers clients to other in-house rehab staff when necessary
- Provides patients with at-home recommendations to aid in their treatment.
- Models the Jack Nathan Functional Health® brand, values, and lifestyle while always maintaining a professional image; sets high standards for self-based upon competency model; builds an effective network within the company, across all clinics, and in local markets.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Builds patient confidence, is committed to increasing patient satisfaction, sets achievable patients’ expectations, assumes responsibility for solving patient problems, ensures commitments to patients are met, solicits opinions and ideas from patients, responds to internal patients.
Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Has good listening skills, works collaboratively with other team members, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues. has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, follows the Jack Nathan Health® policies, procedures, and COVID-19 protocols. Is detail orientated when filling out patient records, SOAP notes, charting and EMR’s.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, actively listens to others, speaks respectively with team members, patients or others within the clinic setting.
- Must be a licensed Chiropractor under the College of Chiropodists of Ontario with current professional liability insurance.
- Excellent patient service skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy with patients
- Able to work a variety of shifts including days, weekends, and evenings
- Proven track record of meeting and achieving goals/targets
Effective November 15, 2021, all Jack Nathan Function Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Full vaccination occurs 14 days following the second dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine.